At 7.55 am this morning, while walking to the closet, I scraped my thigh with not the closet's door knob but the pointy end of the door knob that should not be pointy. There was a big red gash. It is now slightly irritating me as I am sitting here typing this. By irritation, I meant to say bleeding.
The pain as excruciating as it was did not bother me too much. It was the "why the hell this happened to me such early on in the morning" that bothered me. It was a shock. Pain like that just don't normally happen that early in the morning. It was a great tragedy to have happened to a groggy person trying to reach for a pair of jeans. I skipped shower and went straight to eat a banana before going to catch a bus to work.
I almost got hit by a car making a sharp turn left as i was crossing to the bus stop. The driver did not slow down one bit seeing me crossing that road. I think it was an illegal left turn for her too! After that I mentally note that today is not going to be a good day. I've been conditioned quite early on in the morning to be anxious about pain. This doesn't help as I just watched a completely depressing documentary called Dear Zachary on netflix just last night. I won't go into details but that documentary definitely put you in perspective about life, tragedy, and death.
Although the sadness from the documentary lingers with me, the reflective experience of the tragedy that the Bagbys went through might actually help make this day a turn around. I can't sit here and mope about little things that happened like almost getting hit by a car and scrapping my thigh for too long. These events deserve attention, but not prolonged suffering of lamentation. If I was to live this life without quitting halfway through, I need to learn how to move on and roll with "it" whatever "it" being the life's absurdities and tragedies may be.
Today I will be thankful for any peace I receive despite little blunders that might come.
No comments:
Post a Comment